Please note Boards update their sites frequently, this page may contain outdated information, always check your BON's website for the most actuate information.
State Board of Nursing Contact Information:
West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses
90 MacCorkle Ave SW, Suite 203
South Charleston, WV 25303
West Virginia Board of Examiners for Practical Nurse
101 Dee Drive
Charleston, WV 25311
Continuing Education Requirements for License Renewal:
RNs - Completion of the 12 contact hours of CE required for RN relicensure may be accomplished by:
- Completing 12 contact hours of CE from an approved CE provider
- Completing 6 contact hours of CE from an approved CE provider which may include 2 contact hours of self-study and one of the following completed during the reporting period:
- National certification initially earned or in effect the entire reporting period
- Completion of a nursing research project as principal investigator, co-investigator or project director
- Published a nursing related article in a national nursing or healthcare journal
- Developed and presented a professional nursing education presentation
- Participated as a clinical preceptor for at least one student or one new employee undergoing orientation and have one hundred-twenty hours of one-on-one relationship as a clinical preceptor during the reporting period
- Evidence of satisfactory evaluation of employment that covers at least six months of the reporting period
- Completion of an approved nursing refresher or re-entry course.
LPNs - LPNs are required to complete 24 contact hours of continuing education and engage in 400 clock hours of LPN practice in each 2 year reporting period. Reporting occurs on the even years. There is also a 1-time 2-contact hour requirement for end of life care including pain management.
IV Certification Information:
Chapter 30 - Registered Nursing Professionals
LPN Continuing Competencey Requirements
LPN Continuing Competencey Applicable Rules
Position Statement on LPNs and IV Therapy (On Pg. 20)
|Hourly Requirements for LPN IV Course
||State BON Must Approve Course?
||Special Course Requirements
||West Virginia IV Therapy Education